American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

One of my favorite organizations has begun to publish a newsletter again. The Yellowstone Trail Association is publishing The Arrow again, this time via the internet delivered E-Arrow.

In years past the arrival of The Arrow, American Road magazine, and the Lincoln Highway Forum magazine were highlights of my trips to the post office box where we get our mail. But it became too expensive for a modest sized organization to print and mail The Arrow, so it has not been brightening my travel path lately....until yesterday when it arrived in my e-mail!

It is a great edition, with road history and important events, and it introduces Mark Mowbray, the organization's new volunteer Executive Director. Of course our friends John and Alice Ridge remain in leadership positions in the organization, as President and Secretary respectively. Vice President Sheila Nyberg and Treasurer Tom Barrett fill out the leadership ranks.

The arrival of The Arrow prompted me to renew my membership in the Association, and I anticipate more of the goodies I have enjoyed over the years. Thanks to all of the folks at the Association for adding to my road pleasures.

And BTW, the association can be contacted at www.yellowstonetrail.org.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Holy cow! A functioning historic road association with a real newsletter and I'm not a member? It's even for a road that passes trough my state! I surely knew about this ('cept for the newsletter) as I have visited the website. Thanks, Dave, for making me aware of what I was missing. The check's in the mail.

Holy cow! A functioning historic road association with a real newsletter and I'm not a member? It's even for a road that passes trough my state! I surely knew about this ('cept for the newsletter) as I have visited the website. Thanks, Dave, for making me aware of what I was missing. The check's in the mail.

Yo, Denny,

It doesn't seem possible that you have not been a member of the Yellowstone Trail Association.....I thought you were the common thread that tied all these groups together! ;)

I suppose with all your post retirement travel, you must have missed one organization!!

I called Mark Mowbray on Saturday to tell him there was a problem with the website. Phone calls out of the blue are not my style, and certainly not on weekends, but I decided to break my rule and see if he was at his post. I think he was preparing to go fishing, but he took the call as he was launching the boat. Now that is dedication!! We talked for a few minutes and he displayed all the skills of a good Executive Director.

Anyway, since I was a member before you, I will now expect the courtesies normally extended to senior members in matters pertaining to the Association. :P

Take care!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave