American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Florida - Mermaids And Manatees

I have been a little disappointed in that none of the 3D images or movies of my Florida two lane adventure has thus far generated many comments, or replies. I guess I will just go ahead and post in 2D.

All the shots I took are in both 2D and 3D, so just let me know if you see anything that you think might look better in 3D. :rolleyes: If airplanes and diners don't get your attention, what in the world will? ;)

I'll be adding several 2D photos to the Gallery, but I will post a sample here as a tickler.

Florida Gallery Photos

Ft Matanzas, south of St Augustine guarded the southern entrance to the town in the 1700's

ARFortMat.jpg

The manatees at Blue Springs State Park, near Orange, Florida

ARMan.jpg

The Mermaids at Weeki Wachee State Park, a site featured in American Road Magazine

ARMermaid4.jpg

Keep the Show on the Road

Dave

Dave,

You can keep the manatee's - I want one of them mermaids in my bathtub!!!!!!! LOL

I think maybe the lack of comment on your 3D photo's is not many of us have the equipment to view this format. Not really a lack of interest. :D That's what happens with new technology. Takes everybody a while to get comfortable with it.

Keep on trucking - safe journey.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

I have been a little disappointed in that none of the 3D images or movies of my Florida two lane adventure has thus far generated many comments, or replies.

I have enjoyed the 3D movies of the brick road and the diner. If there were others, I might have missed them. I will be definitely on the lookout for any additional ones you post. But 2D is great, too!

Chris

Dave,

You can keep the manatee's - I want one of them mermaids in my bathtub!!!!!!! LOL

I think maybe the lack of comment on your 3D photo's is not many of us have the equipment to view this format. Not really a lack of interest. :D That's what happens with new technology. Takes everybody a while to get comfortable with it.

Keep on trucking - safe journey.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Alex,

Thanks for the comeback! I will post mermaids in 3D and everyone can enjoy the bubbles!

I recognize that 3D is a novelty, and that folks don't keep a pair of glasses around just in case someone posts in 3D. I have always posted in 2D at the same time for that reason.

I am sort of impressed with the 3D thing, and because I can comfortably free view without glasses, I find that the third dimension really does make a difference. It adds a subtle, but noticeably reality to road trip movies and stills, beyond the novelty effect of a tank canon or mermaid in your face.

Since you and I don't use the site to encourage visitors to buy books, visit our websites, or travel to our area (all good purposes), the only reward we get for the time it takes to post something is a comeback, like yours. I'm happy that a few hundred or even a few thousand folks might look at something I post, but that is a tiny fraction of the number who would visit if I posted a mermaid's "wardrobe malfunction." My point is that visitor count is almost meaningless to me. I don't dismiss nameless visitors, but the affirmation of those I recognize and respect, like you, is everything.

Again, thanks for the comeback and thoughts!

Dave

I have enjoyed the 3D movies of the brick road and the diner. If there were others, I might have missed them. I will be definitely on the lookout for any additional ones you post. But 2D is great, too!

Chris

Chris,

Thanks! Are you using your new camera yet?

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Chris,

Thanks! Are you using your new camera yet?

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

I have been, but I haven't been able to get out on the road yet. I am eager to use it this coming July when we take a trip through Alaska and the Yukon.

Chris