American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Angels Diner With Real Curbside Tray Service!

Keep the Show on the Road!

My nominee for best diner in America is Angel's in Palatka, Florida. The diner opened in 1934 and offers real curbside tray service.

Crank the volume up when you play the 3D You Tube movie and enjoy 2 minutes of Diner Heaven. The waitresses are cute and the jukebox is jumpen', played through vintage wall hung speakers. The one pound hamburger would feed a family of four, and the deep fried dill pickles are a taste delight. Enjoy!

(If your CPU has the horsepower, select the 720HD resolution at the bottom of the movie image for the greatest "bite.")

Dave

I was finally able to watch your Florida videos (YouTube is blocked at my place of employment). Angel's looks like a great place. The hamburger, however, looked rather strange. It looked like a conglomeration of meatballs placed under the bun--not very patty-like.

The 3D in the diner turned out really well and was a good setting for the extra depth. I like how the onion ring on your plate seems to float above everything else, too. Makes me hungry.

Chris

Chris,

The burger was huge, and I suppose it pulled in during cooking, making it look lumpy. In any event, it was lots more than two people could eat.

If you think a diner is interesting 3D, I'll have to post the mermaid show at Weeki Wachee! :)

Dave