American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Finally Scored A Mohawk Hobbs Guide

mobilene

I finally managed to win an eBay auction for a Mohawk Hobbs Guide, a 1928 National Old Trails. It came today! Whee!

And then I won another auction for a Mohawk Hobbs, this time a 1924 National Old Trails. I suppose I didn't need both, but I bid on both figuring at least one would ascend to the ridiculous price heights these things seem to go for. But I got them both for $10.50 each. I'm still awaiting the 1924 Mohawk Hobbs.

I am dancing a little jig here in my computer room. Really.

jim

I finally managed to win an eBay auction for a Mohawk Hobbs Guide, a 1928 National Old Trails. It came today! Whee!

And then I won another auction for a Mohawk Hobbs, this time a 1924 National Old Trails. I suppose I didn't need both, but I bid on both figuring at least one would ascend to the ridiculous price heights these things seem to go for. But I got them both for $10.50 each. I'm still awaiting the 1924 Mohawk Hobbs.

I am dancing a little jig here in my computer room. Really.

jim

Congratulations!!! Ain't ebay just the greatest place. I've managed to find a number of guide books, like AAA and ALA etc, from the 1920's for decent prices (meaning under $30). Most pretty well worn, but a couple of 1942 AAA (Northeast and Western editions) are in near mint condition.

The best score?? Probably has to be the General Index Map that fits the 1926 Automobile Blue Book (Volume 2 - Southeast) that I have that didn't have a map with it. Neat thing about this map is it shows the "key to organized highways", ie, (B ) Bankhead Highway, (H) Horseshoe Trail, (LS) Lakes to Sea Highway that was in effect prior to numbers. Neat.

I picked the map off ebay for under $10.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec