American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Old Hwy 6 & 50 East To Delta, Ut?

I recalled seeing some photos of the wooden LH bridge inside the Dugway Proving Ground and when I went looking for them found a blog with a February 2009 comment that "The bridge remains in about the same shape as the photo shows." The referenced photo is one of several reproduced on the page without credit. Of course, the blogger has his own copyright claim on the page. The photo filching blog is here and the photos I recognize are here (Jesse Petersen) and here (Rick Sebak crew). Note that the same fellow, a DPG employee, who made the 2009 bridge comment also made a helpful comment on the Sebak related post at LincolnHighwayNews.com.

Sorry for the chatter on uncredited photos. I really just wanted to point out that the bridge was recently seen intact.

I recalled seeing some photos of the wooden LH bridge inside the Dugway Proving Ground and when I went looking for them found a blog with a February 2009 comment that "The bridge remains in about the same shape as the photo shows." The referenced photo is one of several reproduced on the page without credit. Of course, the blogger has his own copyright claim on the page. The photo filching blog is here and the photos I recognize are here (Jesse Petersen) and here (Rick Sebak crew). Note that the same fellow, a DPG employee, who made the 2009 bridge comment also made a helpful comment on the Sebak related post at LincolnHighwayNews.com.

Sorry for the chatter on uncredited photos. I really just wanted to point out that the bridge was recently seen intact.

Denny,

Those are great links Thanks!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!