American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Loreo 3 D Viewer

DennyG

My Loreo 3D viewer arrived yesterday and I'm happy to report that it works pretty much as advertised. The device supports viewing in "parallel" 3D View Style. It does not dim the image as the colored glasses do and parallel mode seems to even eliminate the worst of the foreground parallax problem I was seeing. What I do see is three images with the center one in 3D. Adjusting viewer to screen distance almost but not quite moves the two 2D images out of sight.

Some may recall that I ordered the Lite model rather than the Pixi model that KtSotR was actually endorsing. The Lite works well for the small & mid-size images and less well for full screen mode. It's made of cardboard and comes in a sleeve that holds it when it is folded flat. There is a demonstration picture of a garden on the sleeve that looks really cool through the viewer. Optimal size, etc., I assume.

Loreo is currently shut down for New Years but will reopen February 18. When they do, I may order a Pixi to see how that works with the full screen view. The Lite is really cheap ($1.70+.50) while the Pixi is merely cheap ($2.50+1.00). While on their website, another item caught my eye. It's the Perspective Control (PC) Lens in a Cap which purports to do something of what those big view cameras with the twist-able bellows do. At $21 it may be worth a try.