American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Missouri Motor Tour

The 17th Annual Missouri Motor Tour is just two weeks away. The tour starts September 8 at Litchfield, IL, ends at St. Robert, MO, and includes a crossing of the Chain or Rocks Bridge at St. Louis. Look here for information from the Route 66 Association of Missouri.

OK, I'm convinced....I'll be there! I'm working on my reservations today. I called the Meramec to see if they had any openings, but they were full for September 9th, so I'll try the Stanton Motel. If Jane Dippel says the Stanton is OK, then that's as good as gold for me. In Litchfield, I'm going the cheapskate route and staying down the street for $20 less. But I'll be hanging out with everyone at the host hotel Friday night. Looking forward to it....haven't been on a Missouri Motor Tour since '01.

• 2 weeks later...
All my reservations are set! Just 4 days til I hit the road. Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night in Litchfield.

Kent, how's the registration looking so far??

Jane sez we have nearly 40 cars registered for the tour, an increase from last year. Nearly 80 folks registered for dinner at Meramec Caverns. Should be an awesome weekend. See you guys there....Bliss

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great weekend it was on the motor tour. Big or small, the Missouri folks know how to put on a tour to remember. The good news is there were about 55 registered cars for the weekend, which, as I understand, is nearly 20 more than in 2005. Let's hope that's a positive sign for travel in general along our two-lanes. The highlight was driving across the Chain of Rocks Bridge in St. Louis, the second time I've been fortunate enough to do so. I highly encourage everyone to check out one of these types of events in one of the Route 66 states. Good way to travel with like-minded roadies as well as meet some new friends in the process. Hats off to the Route 66 Association of Missouri!!

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great weekend it was on the motor tour. Big or small, the Missouri folks know how to put on a tour to remember. The good news is there were about 55 registered cars for the weekend, which, as I understand, is nearly 20 more than in 2005. Let's hope that's a positive sign for travel in general along our two-lanes. The highlight was driving across the Chain of Rocks Bridge in St. Louis, then second time I've been fortunate enough to do so. I highly encourage everyone to check out one of these types of events in one of the Route 66 states. Good way to travel with like-minded roaides as well as meet some new friends in the process. Hats off to the Route 66 Association of Missouri!!

Thanks for the kind words, Pat. We'll try to do just as well with next year's motor tour, as it's the highlight of the 66 year for our association. It was good seeing and visiting with you and all the other roadies. See you on the road....Bliss