American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

1917 Bishop, Big Pine, California Us395

(This is a highly compressed and cropped copy of a hard-to-find or rare original map in my collection. It was printed by the Automobile Club of Southern California (ACSC), copyright 1917.)

The map is one of a set posted here covering the east side of the Sierra Nevada, along what is today US395. This copy covers the section of the road from what is now Mammoth Lakes through Bishop, and a little past Big Pine, California.

If an active forum member needs a better copy, just ask. This copy is reproduced to accompany Sierra Fox’s planned trip this Fall, and to entertain his Grandpa.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

ARBishop.png

(This is a highly compressed and cropped copy of a hard-to-find or rare original map in my collection. It was printed by the Automobile Club of Southern California (ACSC), copyright 1917.)

The map is one of a set posted here covering the east side of the Sierra Nevada, along what is today US395. This copy covers the section of the road from what is now Mammoth Lakes through Bishop, and a little past Big Pine, California.

If an active forum member needs a better copy, just ask. This copy is reproduced to accompany Sierra Fox’s planned trip this Fall, and to entertain his Grandpa.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

http://www.pair.com/davepaul/americanroad/ARBishop.png

I've only driven that stretch of 395 once or twice. Comparing it with today's map they sure have done a lot to straighten it out in the last 90 years.

Roadhound