American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Road Or Travel Videos?

wanderlustjake

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has been posting videos anywhere of some of the destinations or roads they have been traveling? Seeing pictures is great, but if people could maybe share some short videos to give others a taste of what some of these roads and vistas look like would be fantastic. Being from the midwest, we are anxious to see some of the views out west (or anywhere). It would be beneficial in planning future trips. We've found some on "Youtube". I think people here would provide a better perspective. Anyone else care to chime in? P.S. Please don't add soundtracks if you do post videos, I'd rather hear roadnoise :D

Thanks!

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has been posting videos anywhere of some of the destinations or roads they have been traveling? Seeing pictures is great, but if people could maybe share some short videos to give others a taste of what some of these roads and vistas look like would be fantastic. Being from the midwest, we are anxious to see some of the views out west (or anywhere). It would be beneficial in planning future trips. We've found some on "Youtube". I think people here would provide a better perspective. Anyone else care to chime in? P.S. Please don't add soundtracks if you do post videos, I'd rather hear roadnoise :D

Thanks!

That strikes me as a good idea.

Of course, I have posted several videos in my posts, so you’re breaking my heart that you don't remember them! :( But the good news is I probably have a hundred more. :D Lucky you! :P

Go to the URL below and then look at the 20 or so videos on the right. For the most part these were taken on the Hypotenuse Trail trip, or are very old vintage 8mm movies. I think I have a bunch on YouTube as well, and another bunch on “my” server.

Aside from the old 8mm’s, is this the kind of “stuff” you are looking for? If not, what?

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Eureka Springs, Arkansas http://www.vimeo.com/980259

Dave,

Thank You for reminding me about your videos, I have seen some of them, I will be sure to catch up on all of them now. What you have is exactly what we were thinking of. Keep them coming, we are stuck at home, send help!!! :o What name should I look under when searching YouTube?

Thanks Again!

Jason