American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Can't Reach Blogs

Ray

I'm logged in and am able to enter comments under various and sundry topics, but when I try to log onto a blog It tells me I'm not authorized to do that. I don't know if I'd ever post to these blogs, but it would be nice to see what other people have to say. Is(are) the blog(s) reserved for certain levels of membership, or am I simply doing something wrong with my keyboard? Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm logged in and am able to enter comments under various and sundry topics, but when I try to log onto a blog It tells me I'm not authorized to do that. I don't know if I'd ever post to these blogs, but it would be nice to see what other people have to say. Is(are) the blog(s) reserved for certain levels of membership, or am I simply doing something wrong with my keyboard? Thanks for any suggestions.

The trouble is not in your set :D

The blog feature was installed sometime back as an experiment and has only been enabled for moderators. I honestly don't know what current plans are but I can assure you that being able "to see what other people have to say" would be a disappointment. It's pretty much the blog equivalent of "Testing. One, two, three."

Ray,

I don't know this to be correct, but it appears that the Blog feature is under test. One of the three short notes on the blogs site says that it is under test by the moderators. Since I am a "moderator" I can participate in the test...I guess....because I can read the tests posts (blogs).

I can tell you that I don't see anything other than short test blogs, so rest easy...I don't think you are missing anything....yet.. If you want to do a blog, I would post a message to Becky or Pat and see what the plans are for going "public."

Like I said, I don't know if I know what I'm talking about....but my guess is that someone here will give you "the rest of the story!" :rolleyes:

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road

OK, thanks Denny. I won't worry my little head about it anymore. Ray

OK, thanks Denny. I won't worry my little head about it anymore. Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your message and interst in the blogs. We are planning on opening the blogs to all members. Our webmaster was evaluating the blogs for security and other issues. We hope to open up blogging to all members in the next few weeks. So, grab your keyboard and get ready to post!

Best,

Becky

Thanks for your message and interst in the blogs. We are planning on opening the blogs to all members. Our webmaster was evaluating the blogs for security and other issues. We hope to open up blogging to all members in the next few weeks. So, grab your keyboard and get ready to post!

Best,

Becky

Hello Becky,

Sounds like fun. I look forward to it. Thanks for the response.

Ray

• 2 months later...

Best,

Becky

Hello Becky,

Sounds like fun. I look forward to it. Thanks for the response.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I wanted to personally let you know that the blog feature is now up and functioning. I look forward to seeing your travel blog!

Best,