American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Road Trip With Pat And Jennifer Bremer

beckyrepp

Greetings everyone. I had a short, but, terrific road trip with Pat and Jennifer Bremer this past week. I was in Indiana on business, but, was fortunate enough to be able to mix in a bit of fun. It was a great way to kick off the holiday weekend. I met Pat and Jennifer on the south side of Indy. Got a whirlwind tour of downtown Indianapolis, complete with a visit to "Ann dancing." The next day, Pat and Jennifer started on their trip to Niagra and I started my drive home. We were able to caravan for part of the trip -- and we had a wonderful overnight stay in Bryan, Ohio at a classic motel. The next morning we ate at Lester's Diner before we parted ways. What a great place. Bryan, Ohio is a must stop off of US 6.

Pat is much quicker on the draw posting his photos. I hope he won't mind me linking to his images (since he posted the link off of Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...IzMJ&ref=nf

I'll try to upload the images in the next few days from the tour they took me on.

Pat and Jennifer are wonderful tour guides!

:D

Greetings everyone. I had a short, but, terrific road trip with Pat and Jennifer Bremer this past week. I was in Indiana on business, but, was fortunate enough to be able to mix in a bit of fun. It was a great way to kick off the holiday weekend. I met Pat and Jennifer on the south side of Indy. Got a whirlwind tour of downtown Indianapolis, complete with a visit to "Ann dancing." The next day, Pat and Jennifer started on their trip to Niagra and I started my drive home. We were able to caravan for part of the trip -- and we had a wonderful overnight stay in Bryan, Ohio at a classic motel. The next morning we ate at Lester's Diner before we parted ways. What a great place. Bryan, Ohio is a must stop off of US 6.

Pat is much quicker on the draw posting his photos. I hope he won't mind me linking to his images (since he posted the link off of Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...IzMJ&ref=nf

I'll try to upload the images in the next few days from the tour they took me on.

Pat and Jennifer are wonderful tour guides!

:D

Lots of great places and good stuff packed into a short trip!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Awwwe shucks, you guys! Actually we never made it to Niagra Falls, but had a great trip regardless. We made it as far as Lake Chautauqua, New York and started back from there. We cruised US 6, 20, 62, 224, and the Lincoln Highway, to name a few. We scored 7 bottles of wine, slept in a caboose, saw Lucille Ball's childhood homes and eternal resting place, ate exclusively at mom & pop diners/cafes/soda fountains and slept exclusively at mom & pop motels. We weren't going to be bound by the chains on this trip. ;) All my pics are loaded on Flickr, but I don't have them all labeled yet. Definitely one of the better trips we've had. We only wished we had Brian Butko's new Lincoln Highway book with us, but it's not too hard to follow through Ohio.....it's signed very well.

...it's not too hard to follow through Ohio.....it's signed very well.

And there's this free online set of turn-by-turns but you still ought to buy Brian's book. My copy's in the mail. I thought I might run into him doing signings somewhere and get my copy direct but, when he sort of endorsed the discounted Amazon method on LincolnHighwayNews.com, I made my move.

Great pic's Pat - almost like being in the back seat traveling with you guys!!!

I've driven 30 across Pennsy, from Chambersburg to Greensburg, and found it to be well marked with Lincoln Highway signs. What they don't post, in Chambersburg, is what you're going to find not to far to the west!!! The road is, to say the least, interesting - especially if you like roads that go straight up, and then straight down. :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN