American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Car Show Weekend

Dave Reese

I was thinking I would not be driving my Triumph to the British Motorcar Gathering in Hellertown this weekend due to all the rain we have been having lately, but June 14 ended up a clear day, so I took the chance and drove to Reservoir Park. The grounds were very wet (neighboring communities had gotten over 4 inches of rain again on Saturday afternoon, and major thunderstorms came through Saturday night) but the day was still a lot of fun. One of the vendor's trailers got stuck in the only open field on the ground during the morning set up, so he ended up staying in the middle of the field with the MG's all around him in a bit of disorganization, but there was a great assortment of machinery rolling in on the back roads of eastern PA for a fun day in the park.

Ohhh, I like it. Good stuff for sure. Big Healeys rule. Did I see 2 or 3 "big" 4 cylinder AHs (BN4s) preceding the two gorgeous 3000s?

There were two beautiful 100-M Austin Healeys, but they would probably be BN2s if I remember correctly. They were my two favorites in the AH row of wonderful machinery. It is so much fun to get there early because they put our TR3s right next to the registration tent at the top of the hill, and the cars all have to stop there before rolling off to their own part of the park. I sit there in my comfortable chair taking photos for nearly 2 hours before I even start to roam the field (except to visit the caterer for a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich made on the outdoor grill). I am looking forward to next year already.

There were two beautiful 100-M Austin Healeys, but they would probably be BN2s if I remember correctly.

Ah, yes. I had my models & cylinders confused. Not sure I ever had them quite sorted. I'm also not sure if I ever knew the significance of the letters "BN" and a quick Google run didn't help. Can you?

Ah, yes. I had my models & cylinders confused. Not sure I ever had them quite sorted. I'm also not sure if I ever knew the significance of the letters "BN" and a quick Google run didn't help. Can you?

Not a clue...

but since they are way out of my price range I won't learn the AH nomenclature first hand either.

Great stuff as usual Dave,

Do you by chance subscribe to the "V Line" e-newsletter? Within it, or on the web site http://www.vscc.co.uk/vsccweb/ are some terrific event poster images for download. You might print those miniature posters for decoration around a certain miniature race course we know of.

I collect those images and the free previews from AllPosters.com, then print and attach them to the magnets that they sell at the big red box office supply store for use on business cards. They make terrific refrigerator art.

Drive on ...

Chris Moore

Great stuff as usual Dave,

Do you by chance subscribe to the "V Line" e-newsletter? Within it, or on the web site http://www.vscc.co.uk/vsccweb/ are some terrific event poster images for download. You might print those miniature posters for decoration around a certain miniature race course we know of.

I collect those images and the free previews from AllPosters.com, then print and attach them to the magnets that they sell at the big red box office supply store for use on business cards. They make terrific refrigerator art.

Drive on ...

Chris Moore

Thanks for the tips Chris...looks like my graphics library will soon expand.

Great pics. Seeing that trailer in the mud reminds me of a Hershey years ago. They had a lot of rain and so the grounds were soaked. Everybody was getting stuck in the mud - from cars all the way up to motor homes.

Two great pretenders from the Military Vehicle Historical Society were having the time of their lives hauling big rigs out of mud holes - with an old WWII half-track they'd brought to the show.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec