American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

2009 Hudson Car Club Meet - Pontiac, Mi

Alex Burr - hester_nec

The Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club is holding its annual national meet at the Detroit Marriott Pontiac at Center Point, 3600 Centerpoint Parkway, in Pontiac, MI from Monday July 13th until Friday July 17th - best days for visiting, if you are in the area, would be Tuesday or Wenesday.

From the numbers floating around this is going to be a very large meet - it could go over 300 Hudson products (including Essex, Terraplane and possible Railton). Here's a chance to see the cars that were built to run on our favorite 2-lane highways.

We are also celebrating two events - the 100th anniversary of the Hudson Motor Car Company and the 50th anniversary of the HET club. At the moment I think we've just about filled 3 hotels in the area, so that is a lot of people and cars.

If you can stop by and say hi, I'd love to get-together with you - best way to find me is call my cell phone @ 901-201-6143. I'll be at the meet Monday, Tuesday and Wenesday - my ride is leaving Thursday. But if you can't make it the first of the week come on over Thur and Fri - you can find somebody to show you around and tell you more than you'll ever want to know about Hudsons. :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

hudsontech09@yahoo.com

Alex,

Thank You for the info. Is there any certain time things will be occuring? I might try and make it over, but it wouldn't be until the evening. FYI, unless they've fixed it in the last year, don't travel Centerpoint Parkway to the W/NW beyond the railroad tracks (past the Hotel), the road was getting extremely beat up. Might save someone a headache, literally. I used to work 1/2 mile down the street.

Jason

Alex,

Thank You for the info. Is there any certain time things will be occuring? I might try and make it over, but it wouldn't be until the evening. FYI, unless they've fixed it in the last year, don't travel Centerpoint Parkway to the W/NW beyond the railroad tracks (past the Hotel), the road was getting extremely beat up. Might save someone a headache, literally. I used to work 1/2 mile down the street.

Jason

Hi Jason,

There really isn't any time that certain things will be occuring that would affect visitors. For example, there will be club officers and directors meetings, club chapter editor meetings, things like that. This would have no affect on visitors dropping by, so give me a call and come on over. I don't plan on going anywhere once I get there and I'll be happy to show you around. Evening might be a little cooler anyway. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the road conditions.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Alex,

It sounds like a wonderful event. I will have to stay resigned to my several visits a week with the Hudson 8 we have on display here in town right now. Have a great time, and help share your knowledge with the masses while you are there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklands/34...57616272871876/

Edited by Dave Reese

Alex,

It sounds like a wonderful event. I will have to stay resigned to my several visits a week with the Hudson 8 we have on display here in town right now. Have a great time, and help share your knowledge with the masses while you are there.

That's one beautiful convert, Dave. I'm wondering if that's the one Park Waldrop restored and sold a year or so back. There sure aren't to many around any more.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN