American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

American Road Yahoo Group Trivia Contest

roadmaven

Greetings! Jennifer has compiled the posting statistics from the American Road Yahoo Group, and we have a list of all of our members and how many posts they made while on the old Yahoo Group.

In looking at the stats, we have found who our top posters were and we would like to reward our all-time top poster from the Yahoo Group for his/her contributions in making that forum a successful one. Therefore, we would like to offer the top poster his/her choice of either an American Road denim hat or shirt AND his/her choice of one of the five Questar DVDs available from John Claar's Hitching Post .

Rather than merely e-mailing him/her or announcing it here, we would like to make it a little challenging for our current forum members and also offer you a prize for guessing who the top poster is. That prize will also be his/her choice of a Questar DVD.

The first poster who correctly guesses the all-time top poster from the American Road Yahoo Group will win. To win, you must post your answer as a reply to this post. Only ONE guess please. If multiple guesses are made, only the first answer will be accepted.

Good Luck!

I was not around for a number of the years so I may be way off, but I will guess Alex Burr...

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Yes, "Hudsonly" Alex Burr is the all-time number 1 poster on the old American Road Yahoo Group. Alex originally joined the group on October 6, 2002 (4 days after the group went online). From that point until the end, Alex posted 358 times. For those efforts, Alex receives his choice of an American Road denim hat or an American Road denim shirt. Also, he receives his choice of a DVD from Questar:

--UFOs and Aliens

--Alaska's Inside Passage

--America's Great Road Trips and Scenic Drives

--America's National Parks Collection

--Legendary Muscle Cars

Also, for correctly guessing Alex, Dave Reese also wins one Questar DVD of his choice. Congrats to both, and keep posting!

Great news! I knew that I had corresponded with Alex a couple of times, so it was my longshot guess. It is always worth taking a shot at it.

I would love to receive the National Parks Set as I already have Questar's Scenic Routes and Historic Trails sets in my DVD library. Not nearly as good as being there, but a fun start. Contact me directly with any instructions of what I need to do to claim my prize.

Wow...

What a great way to survive a gloomy day at home...

I guess it's true - I'm just an old (old is right) Yankee chatterbox, I guess. Could prove embarassing!! :huh:

Well, if it is true I'd like, as Dave said, to know how to claim America's Great Road Trips and Scenic Drives, for my collection. Would be something nice to watch when I'm in Memphis Chrimmas coming up with my daughter.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Dave and Alex,

I've now got your contact info and will get your prizes out to you in this week's mail. Dave, congrats again!

Alex - keep on posting! We sure enjoy reading your messages. You've given all of us a goal to achieve. :D

Best.

Becky

Dave and Alex,

I've now got your contact info and will get your prizes out to you in this week's mail. Dave, congrats again!

Alex - keep on posting! We sure enjoy reading your messages. You've given all of us a goal to achieve. :D

Best.

Becky

Actually, and it just dawned on me, since my birthday is next week (Sept 2nd) I can thank you for a great birthday present!!!

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Actually, and it just dawned on me, since my birthday is next week (Sept 2nd) I can thank you for a great birthday present!!!

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Happy 39th Alex!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Dave and Alex,

Best.

Becky

Becky,

Package arrived safely - and answered a mystery at the same time. A while back I recieved a package (and at my age I can't remember what it was now) bearing an address I didn't know. I had no idea where it came from or who sent it as there was just a return address and no names, so I returned it. Now I know that first package, from Mt. Clements (sp??), MI, came from American Road, as the DVD's came from the same address.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Becky,

Package arrived safely - and answered a mystery at the same time. A while back I recieved a package (and at my age I can't remember what it was now) bearing an address I didn't know. I had no idea where it came from or who sent it as there was just a return address and no names, so I returned it. Now I know that first package, from Mt. Clements (sp??), MI, came from American Road, as the DVD's came from the same address.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Congrats, Alex!!! I would have probably guessed you on the old Yahoo board, too. Now, about this board, only 10 posts so far. You gotta step it up....heh, heh.

Thanks Becky,

The package arrived in great condition. I am looking forward to a few free hours to watch these on one of the new basement toys: the 50" plasma HD TV. When I am not out on the road, I am playing in the basement.

Thanks Becky,

The package arrived in great condition. I am looking forward to a few free hours to watch these on one of the new basement toys: the 50" plasma HD TV. When I am not out on the road, I am playing in the basement.

Dave,

Glad the package arrived safely. Hope you enjoy it!

:D Becky

Becky,

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Hi Alex,

Glad it arrived. I wondered why the package came back. If memory serves it was a photography book. I think I forgot to send you an e-mail explaining what it was. It was sent as a 'consolation' prize actually. You provided the most entertaining answer (and the correct one) to one of our trivia contests. Even though you weren't the correct respondent, we at American Road, thought your answer was very creative and deserved a little something extra, too! I can resend it if you like.

Becky