American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Official Denny Gibson Happy Birthday Thread

roadmaven

Denny,

Congratulations on reaching 62....you kid you! I have copied below some important information. :P:o:rolleyes:;):lol:

Dave

You can apply:

Online using our Internet Social Security Benefit Application, or

By phone, or in person at any Social Security office. You can arrange for an appointment to file your application by calling our national toll-free service at

1-800-772-1213 (TDD 1-800-325-0778). An appointment is not required, but may reduce the amount of time you spend waiting in the office.

If you apply by phone or in person, we want your visit to go as smoothly as possible. You can help by being ready to answer the following questions and having as many of the needed documents as possible.

We may also ask you to provide documents to show that you are eligible:

Birth certificate or other proof of birth;

Naturalization papers;

U.S. military discharge paper(s);

W-2 forms(s) and/or self-employment tax returns for last year.

We accept photocopies of W-2 forms, self-employment tax returns or medical documents, but we must see the original of most other documents, such as your birth certificate. (We will return them to you.)

Don’t delay filing your claim just because you don’t have all the documents. We’ll help you get them.

When you apply for retirement benefits, we will ask you:

Your name, gender and social security number;

Your name at birth (if different);

Your date of birth and place of birth (State or foreign country);

Whether a public or religious record was made of your birth before age 5;

Your citizenship status;

Whether you or anyone else has ever filed for Social Security benefits, Medicare or Supplemental Security Income on your behalf (if so, we will also ask for information on whose Social Security record you applied);

Whether you have used any other Social Security number;

Whether you became unable to work because of illnesses, injuries or conditions at any time within the past 14 months.If "Yes," we will also ask the date you became unable to work;

Whether you were ever in the active military service before 1968 and, if so, the dates of service and whether you have ever been eligible to receive a monthly benefit from a military or Federal civilian agency;

Whether you or your spouse have ever worked for the railroad industry;

Whether you have earned social security credits under another country's social security system;

Whether you qualified for or expect to receive a pension or annuity based on your own employment with the Federal government of the United States or one of its States or local subdivisions;

Whether you are currently married and, if so, your spouse's name, date of birth (or age) and social security number (if known).

The names, dates of birth (or age) and social security numbers (if known) of any former spouses;

The dates and places of each of your marriages and, for marriages that have ended, how and when they ended;

The names of any unmarried children under 18, 18 -19 and in secondary school or disabled before age 22;

The name(s) of your employer(s) and/or information about your self-employment and the amount of your earnings for this year, last year and next year;

Whether you had earnings in all years since 1978;

Whether we may contact your employers for wage information;

Whether you have any unsatisfied felony warrants for your arrest or unsatisfied Federal or State warrants for your arrest for any violations of the conditions of your parole or probation;

The month you want your benefits to begin; and

If you are within 3 months of age 65, whether you want to enroll in Supplemental Medical Insurance (Part B of Medicare).

Depending on the information you provide, we may need to ask other questions.

You also should bring along your checkbook or other papers that show your account number at a bank, credit union or other financial institution so you can sign up for Direct Deposit, and avoid worries about lost or stolen checks and mail delays.

....you're 18 with 44 years experience! B)

I like the way you think :D It didn't take me near as long to get this old as I thought it would.

Thanks to all for the greetings. Dave P, there was once a time that I thought I could actually retire when I turned 62. That's no longer the case or I'd be putting your information to use at this instant. Maybe another year or two or three or... I'll save the numbers. :)

This post is being made during the final minutes of my birthday present to myself -- a night in the Ulysses S. Grant room at the Golden Lamb.

I like the way you think :D It didn't take me near as long to get this old as I thought it would.

Thanks to all for the greetings. Dave P, there was once a time that I thought I could actually retire when I turned 62. That's no longer the case or I'd be putting your information to use at this instant. Maybe another year or two or three or... I'll save the numbers. :)

This post is being made during the final minutes of my birthday present to myself -- a night in the Ulysses S. Grant room at the Golden Lamb.

Happy B-day Denny!

Have a slice of cake before you hit the road

:cake:

And suddenly he awoke one morning to realize he'd reached "THAT" age. Now he knew why he had been getting all those letters from AARP for so long.

He knew something was up when the pretty young things at the cash registers everywhere would smile and say "Senior Citizens Discount, sir??"

Ah, hell, Denny - look at it this way - you just turned "26". In my case I enjoy this older age - I have fun remembering the fun things I used to do back in my 20's. Every morning, I remember, when I try to get out of bed!!!

A friend of mine said it best - If we had known we were going to live this long, we wouldn't have done the things we did in our 20's!!!! :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec

• 2 weeks later...