American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Any Way To Delete Dupe Pix In The Gallery?

mga707

The title says it. I accidentally posted a duplicate photo in the photo gallery, and there does not seem to be any obvious way to delete it. Anyone?

When you're in your gallery and on the picture you want to delete, off to the right you should see a blue box with some stats. Below that there should be a blue button that says "Options?". Click there and you should see a delete option.

When you're in your gallery and on the picture you want to delete, off to the right you should see a blue box with some stats. Below that there should be a blue button that says "Options?". Click there and you should see a delete option.

No, I tried that as it seemed to be the obvious path. Clicking the blue "options" button brings up two choices: "Edit image" and "Report image". No "delete" option in either one of those, either.

I see the delete function so, you or I could delete the picture but... the real question is why isn't the option available to mga707? I don't see anything in the gallery configuration area that relates to delete permission but I could be missing it. Would another "Full Member" check to see if the option is available to them? How about "Moderators"?

I see the delete function so, you or I could delete the picture but... the real question is why isn't the option available to mga707? I don't see anything in the gallery configuration area that relates to delete permission but I could be missing it. Would another "Full Member" check to see if the option is available to them? How about "Moderators"?

If that's the case, I see that as a flaw with IPB. Members should have the ability to delete their own images. Perhaps we can nudge Becky or Guy in here.

I tried last night and just now, and there is no delete that I can find.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Thanks Dave....That makes it an Admin function. Now we wait for Guy...

I just deleted the thread starting duplicate. I was going to offer to do it for a dollar but I was afraid Pat would undercut me and mga707 would be left waiting until the price war was resolved. :D Until such time (if any) that delete capability is more widely available, I suggest that administrators offer a delete-on-demand service. The first twelve are free. ;)

I just deleted the thread starting duplicate. I was going to offer to do it for a dollar but I was afraid Pat would undercut me and mga707 would be left waiting until the price war was resolved. :D Until such time (if any) that delete capability is more widely available, I suggest that administrators offer a delete-on-demand service. The first twelve are free. ;)

I do thank you, sir!

Can I delete someone else's photos, or is that only available in the Premium Package? :lol::rolleyes::P

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

If I see you show up in Richmond, Indiana on April 24th, you get the keys to the forum for that weekend! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that I fixed this problem (I hope). Full Forum Members should be able to find the Delete option to delete a photo now.

I apologize that this took me a little while to figure out. Please let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

Best,

Becky