American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Tulsarama!

eyerobic

On June 15, 1957, a new gold and white 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe was buried in a time capsule in downtown Tulsa, OK. The time capsule was part of Golden Jubilee Week: Tulsa‘s celebration of Oklahoma‘s semi-centennial. The car is buried under the sidewalk in front of the Tulsa County Courthouse, approximately 100 feet north of the intersection of Sixth Street and Denver Avenue.

Read on . . .

How cool is that...they're going to unearth it next year on June 15th! If anyone here from Tulsa (and there ought to be several...) should attend and take photos!

I've been aware of this for some time and have been toying with the idea of flying to Tulsa for the car resurrection then heading west at least as far as Tucumcari (for the Blue Swallow) and returning to Oklahoma in time for the big Sixty-Six doings in Clinton the next weekend. At the moment, it all seems feasible and would certainly be a lot of fun. I'll get serious (or not) early next year.

I've been aware of this for some time and have been toying with the idea of flying to Tulsa for the car resurrection then heading west at least as far as Tucumcari (for the Blue Swallow) and returning to Oklahoma in time for the big Sixty-Six doings in Clinton the next weekend. At the moment, it all seems feasible and would certainly be a lot of fun. I'll get serious (or not) early next year.

I hope that works out for you, Denny. At this point, we *should* be able to attend the 66 festival in Clinton, but we probably wouldn't make this unearthinn in Tulsa as well...so we'll look forward to your report! :)