American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Mississippi Maps Online

DennyG

It's fun to try and line up yesterday with today, isn't it. For example, looking at the area I'm most interested in (61 and the Tunica area) early maps show the road running into Lula (old U S 61) - later ones past 1950 or so show Lula by-passed by 61 to the east (current 61.)

Thanks for the great site Denny.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

The archive section on the Mississippi Department of Transportation's website has maps as old as 1928. Check it out HERE.

Thanks to Adam "Froggie" Froehlig of the RoadGeek e-group for the info.

Denny,

Thanks to Froggie and you. It is difficult to find old Mississippi only maps back to the 20's. Rand McNally included Mississippi in its 1920's district maps, and Mississippi is in atlases of the time, but it is harder to find Mississippi only maps, perhaps because Mississippi was not a big tourist destination like Florida. It is nice to have those on line.

For a bit older (1925-26) Mississippi road map go to my HistoricalRoadMaps.com. I have ignored my site for some time, but if you guys are getting hot on old road maps, I have thousands. But posting them gets boring unless they serve a purpose.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

I have ignored my site for some time, but if you guys are getting hot on old road maps, I have thousands. But posting them gets boring unless they serve a purpose.

Hey, it's winter time in North America and a lot of us are looking at maps with more hope than purpose. I don't know if any one's really hot on maps but it's that time of years when we do look at maps with a certain, slightly crazed, gleam.