American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Facebook American Road Page

roadmaven

For any of you Facebook users out there, there's now an American Road page on Facebook. We've got a whopping 7 members right now, so be sure to become a fan of the page if you haven't done so! Just search "American Road Magazine", click "Pages", and there we'll be.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bring this topic back up top & let everyone know we now have 23 members on our American Road Facebook Fan Page, now including our fearless co-leader, Becky Repp! We're pretty sure Becky's become addictied to Facebook like she is coffee. She's already been busy adding some cool updates & links to the page, so check it out!

Just wanted to bring this topic back up top & let everyone know we now have 23 members on our American Road Facebook Fan Page, now including our fearless co-leader, Becky Repp! We're pretty sure Becky's become addictied to Facebook like she is coffee. She's already been busy adding some cool updates & links to the page, so check it out!

And, it's all YOUR fault! :coffee: :coffee:

I've actually also started to tweet on Twitter. :happyguy:

I'd love some company.

• 2 months later...
And, it's all YOUR fault! :coffee: :coffee:

I've actually also started to tweet on Twitter. :happyguy:

I'd love some company.

I will Facebook, but I won't be a Twit...

:lol:

I will Facebook, but I won't be a Twit...

:lol:

I'm actually starting to think the other way 'round. When I first heard of Twitter, I figured it was a sort of "Facebook light" with little value. But I'm now thinking that, while Facebook seems to offer new ways to do old things, Twitter is actually doing something different. My change of heart came over the weekend when I was playing "Where's Emily". In an attempt to get current information, I subscribed to the Twitter feed from the Alice's Drive. It wasn't as useful as I hoped but I could see the potential. Short semi-real-time posts accessible and maintainable from (relatively) dumb phones seem to augment a travelblog fairly well. I've continued my subscription...er, follow...to Alice/Emily's Tweets, have added Tim Steil & Jim Luning's current Route 66 outing, and am giving really serious thought to Tweeting myself on longer (or maybe all) road trips.

The Alice's Drive Tweets fell a little short for me for two reasons. One. I was hoping to intercept the Maxwell and wanted location specifics which the stuff Emily & Christie posted lacked. Secondly, receipt of the posts seemed to be as much as three hours after the event they described. I don't know how much of this was because of "Twitter time" and how much was because the ladies didn't post at the exact instant something occurred. But, in most cases, an hour or two lag isn't crucial so I just might be a Twit someday. Right now I'm just listening, i.e., I'm no Twitter, just a Twittee.

I actually joined Facebook to get access to photos of my grandkids that are posted by my kids, but they did not email to us. I have used it to publicize a few groups I am in, and to help locate HS classmates for our next reunion, and to meet up with other old friends with whom I no longer had any contact. I just switched to a new phone without texting as I do not need to stay in touch that much. Some of us old folk just don't need to be wired that closely.

• 7 months later...

Our FaceBook fans continue to grow in numbers- 390 as of today! Don't forget to reccomend the AR page to all your friends and neighbors.

Our Twitter following is growing as well- each day we add several new folks. The magic number right now is 1,072!

Thanks for all your help and keep spreading the good word! :D

Christine