American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Indiana State Road 75

Here's the latest in my state highway road log series. This week I cover Indiana State Road 75. The fun begins here!

Pat,

Thanks for the ride! Looks a bit cold in your neck of the woods! Enjoyed that DX station, and the fire escape looked like fun for kids!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

I dug that fire escape, too. I've been curious about 75 for years.

If you make that run with the kids, wait 'til it's warm out. There's a nice nature park south of North Salem that has a lot trails and various critters running and flying around. Also on the non-75 part of this alignment, there's a cool old drive-in theater near Mechanicsburg on IN-39.

Here's the latest in my state highway road log series. This week I cover Indiana State Road 75. The fun begins here!

I always enjoy your photos, you have a knack for capturing the important landmarks along the journey.

Chris

Thanks for the comments, gents! Mobilene really lit a fire under me after his IN-42 report a while back. It can be a challenge to come up with something interesting to write about from a flat-as-a-pancake, two-lane road through cornfields, but that's where all my reading of Jim Ross, Thomas Repp, and Michael Wallis comes in handy: Adding enough spice to the boring to make it worth eating. B) Dang, I just did it again. :o I was sitting at work today thinking about my next report. I think I'm heading down to southern Indiana somewhere to find a road. IN-56 is on my mind, but unless I start it at the crack of dawn, that'd be an overnighter most likely. I might try to find something a little more obscure, but scenic. IN-66 is a GREAT drive. Many options down there and even more that I've never had the pleasure to drive. Have map, will travel!