American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Invitation To Michigan Roadside Attraction Exhibit & Autumn 08 Sweepstakes Winner Announcement

beckyrepp

Greetings!

The American Road staff would like to extend a hearty welcome to all new subscribers and American Road Forum members. We are thrilled to have you join the growing list of American Road enthusiasts!

Your are cordially invited to attend the Opening Reception of the Michigan's Roadside Attraction Exhibit at the Michigan Historical Museum.

Details about the exhibit may be found by clicking on the following link: http://americanroadmagazine.com/road_news/road_news.html.

The Opening Reception is on Wednesday

January 14, 2009 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.

Michigan Historical Museum

Michigan Library & Historical Center

702 W. Kalamazoo Street

Lansing, MI

Business casual

RSVP by January 12th

517/373-0510

museuminfo@michigan.gov

Michigan's Roadside Attractions exhibit is sponsored by American Road magazine in cooperation with the

Friends of Michigan History.

Festivals and Events

Visit our calendar of events page and you'll find plenty of festivals and events (many without admission fees) to plan your 2009 vacations and outings. The possibilities are endless.

Winner of the Autumn Drives Sweepstakes

American Road Magazine® is pleased to announce the winner of the American Road® Autumn 2008 Great Gas Card Giveway sponsored by American Road magazine and the following entities:

Boone (North Carolina), Chautauqua (New York) CVB, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Haywood County (Tennessee), the Last Green Valley, Louisiana Main Street, Northshore St. Tammany Parish (Louisiana), Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ Festival (Missouri), Tennessee's Backroads Heritage.

The sweepstakes winner of a $100 Shell Gas Card is Carl Todasco of Bloomingdale, Illinois. Congratulations!

You, too, could be a winner of the next American Road® Trip Sweepstakes! Watch for details!

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU

We welcome your correspondence and questions. Have you visited one or more of the places mentioned in a previous issue of AMERICAN ROAD? We want to hear about it. Are there specific highways or auto trails that you would like to read about in American Road? Let us know. We love receiving your cards, letters and e-mails. Photographs are great, too! You may send us a letter or e-mail. Send letters via US mail to:

American Road

PO Box 46519

Mt. Clemens, MI 48046

You may send e-mails to becky@americanroadmagazine.com.

(Letters and e-mail may be published in an upcoming issue of AMERICAN ROAD and may be edited for style and available space.)

THANKS!

Our advertisers and affiliate programs help support the free information provided via americanroadmagazine.com and our e-newsletter. Be sure to thank them and tell them you heard about them through American Road magazine. You may request FREE information from our advertisers at: http://www.americanroadmagazine.com/advert...dv_request.html

IS IT TIME TO RENEW/SUBSCRIBE TO AMERICAN ROAD?

A batch of renewal notices will be e-mailed and mailed in the next few weeks. If you just mailed in your renewal form with payment, it is possible that the next renewal letter may cross your payment in the mail. Please disregard the notice if that is the case.

You may now renew or subscribe on line. Visit: http://www.americanroadmagazine.com/subscr...ibe.html#online

You may also subscribe or renew by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-285-5434 x1. If your call is forwarded to voice mail please leave a message. If all lines are busy and calls do not forward to voice mail, please e-mail us (and we can call you back) or try calling us back later. We are always happy to call you back.

DREAM WELL AND DRIVE SAFELY ON THE AMERICAN ROAD!

You received this message because you provided your address to Mock Turtle Press-publisher of AMERICAN ROAD magazine. We use your e-mail to periodically provide you with information (subscription renewals, announcements, surveys, etc.) We do not sell e-mail addresses. If you wish to be removed from the list to receive future e-mail newsletters from us please e-mail becky@americanroadmagazine.com.

Sincerely,

Becky Repp

American Road Magazine

Greetings!

Your are cordially invited to attend the Opening Reception of the Michigan's Roadside Attraction Exhibit at the Michigan Historical Museum.

Sincerely,

Becky Repp

American Road Magazine

Becky,

I'd love to come to Michigan - however, I left my snowshovel in Maine when I moved down here. :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec

Becky,

I'd love to come to Michigan - however, I left my snowshovel in Maine when I moved down here. :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Bummer! If you get up to Michigan this Summer, be sure to stop in and see the exhibit.

We'll be thinking of you at the opening reception.

:D