American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Us 40 Postcards

I finally got around to digging out the small US 40/National Road post card collection and have posted it in the members gallery section.

They span from the late teens/early 20's to, probably the late 50's - the National Motel card does mention TV in the rooms.

Enjoy.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

I finally got around to digging out the small US 40/National Road post card collection and have posted it in the members gallery section.

They span from the late teens/early 20's to, probably the late 50's - the National Motel card does mention TV in the rooms.

Enjoy.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Alex,

I'm looking for the postcards but not finding them. What should I search on? I tried Alex and National, but no luck.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

I don't think its a personal album - I can access them by clicking on "Gallery" in the tool bar just below the American Road logo.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Alex,

I still don't see them. They are not among those posted today.

Keep the Show on the Road

Dave

The album was private. I didn't even know we could have private albums. (But I guess Alex figured it out :lol: ). I could see them when I was logged in (presumably because of my secret administrator powers) but not as a guest. I saw the word private next to it and was able to make it public through the admin control panel.

I've seen some of those before and particularly remember the one with the airplane. That's one's got it all. The Potomac River, C&O Canal, railroad, National Road, airplane (invented just 17 years before), and plenty of telephone poles.

The album was private. I didn't even know we could have private albums. (But I guess Alex figured it out :lol: ). I could see them when I was logged in (presumably because of my secret administrator powers) but not as a guest. I saw the word private next to it and was able to make it public through the admin control panel.

I've seen some of those before and particularly remember the one with the airplane. That's one's got it all. The Potomac River, C&O Canal, railroad, National Road, airplane (invented just 17 years before), and plenty of telephone poles.

Ah.... private, and secret administrative powers...I knew it! :o 1300+ posts and I still have the Bonzo level clearance. I can't even get in to see postcards. This just plain sucks!

What's a guy got to do around here to get to see the good stuff?

Merry Christmas!! :rolleyes:

dave

Ah.... private, and secret administrative powers...I knew it! :o 1300+ posts and I still have the Bonzo level pass. I can't even get in to see postcards. This just plain sucks!

Merry Christmas!! :rolleyes:

dave

Hey pipe down Bonzo...I have no secret or public levels here. And now that Fagin is in the shop for his long winter's nap and snow is falling outside, I am stuck with the HO slots and the Lionel for Christmas.

MatersGarage.jpg

HappyCop.jpg

overview.jpg

Merry Christmas to ALL! :lol:

(Hopefully this edit will show the photos I was posting here.)

(This edit I am trying to only link one photo to see if I have more luck)

PS: Love the postcards Alex!

Edited by Dave Reese

Hey pipe down Bonzo...I have no secret or public levels here. And now that Fagin is in the shop for his long winter's nap and snow is falling outside, I am stuck with the HO slots and the Lionel for Christmas.

Putz2008.JPG

HappyCop.jpg

MatersGarage.jpg

Merry Christmas to ALL! :lol:

Dave,

And your photos don't show on my computer either! What's it take to see the pictures around here? (And have a merry one, too!)

HEY ALEX, NOW I CAN SEE YOUR CARDS! THANKS!!

Bonzo

Okay, the photos are on my home page.

Hopefully they will show up now.

Dave,

Oh yah, that worked real well. <_< Now I have just one red X and still no photos! :P At least Alex let me see the good stuff eventually! ;)

I'll look in later!

Take care!

Dave

I keep telling you people I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing!!!! Private - ain't that a rank in the Army?? :D

I didn't figure it out - I just went to gallery and posted my cards.

Anyway, thanks Denny. It's always nice to have somebody around that knows what to do!!!

After the first of the year I may dig around ebay and see if I can find some more cards. There are some over there now, but end of the month is coming which means end of my monthly finances.

In the meantime here's wishing everybody a very, very MERRY CHRISTMAS, the absolute best of the coming holiday season and many, many miles of safe travels in 2009.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Dave,

Oh yah, that worked real well. <_< Now I have just one red X and still no photos! :P At least Alex let me see the good stuff eventually! ;)

I'll look in later!

Take care!

Dave

Dave,

I think I have the links now working in my original email above. It was a setting on the new web site I am using instead of the old geocities account. Hopefully you can see the photos either above or on my home page.

Edited by Dave Reese

Dave,

I think I have the links now working in my original email above. It was a setting on the new web site I am using instead of the old geocities account. Hopefully you can see the photos either above or on my home page.

Dave,

Love the little scenes....now that I can see them! Looks like old time America, brought back to life! Great project for a winter day!

Thanks for taking the effort to work out the bugs!

Dave