American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Thanksgiving Weekend Trip

DennyG

Not all of this year's Thanksgiving drive was on the Dixie but much of it was so posting here seems appropriate. I started by following the Dixie Highway from the Ohio River to Asheville, NC, with a stop in Knoxville along the way. During that Knoxville stop, I hooked up with BabyBoomerBob and checked out the 1982 World's Fair site. In Asheville, it was the Biltmore estate. On Saturday I superslabbed to Nashville in the rain then enjoyed a dry (I mean no rain;-) and musical evening. Sunday's route home included another 90 miles of the Dixie Highway. Verbiage and visuals here.

One thing about Denny's road trip reports is that they get the blood stirring - make's one want to head out to anywhere just to see what's around the corner.

Thanks for the "armchair" road trip Denny - great as always. You need to put all this in book form!!! :D

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN