American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Who's Up For A Sign Museum Visit?

Don "RoadDog" Hatch is passing through Cincinnati this weekend on his way to North Carolina. The American Sign Museum is a really good place for a couple of roadies to visit and it's now open on Saturdays. I know that the Bremers are interested in the museum but it was closed the last time they were in town. I dropped them a note to see if they were interested in visiting it Saturday and got back a yes. Not all the details are nailed down but Don, Jennifer, Pat, and I will be going to the Sign Museum sometime Saturday and everyone is welcome to join us. That includes Indianapolis area folks who could caravan with P & J plus anyone within viewing range of my email and driving range of the museum. As mentioned, unnailed details remain and they could certainly be influenced by any interested parties.

Don, Jennifer, Pat, and I will be going to the Sign Museum sometime Saturday and everyone is welcome to join us.

Wish I could go, but Saturdays don't work out for me. So other than Saturday, do I understand that this place is only open by appointment?

Chris

Wish I could go, but Saturdays don't work out for me. So other than Saturday, do I understand that this place is only open by appointment?

Chris

Correct. Even the Saturday hours were only added recently. It's largely due to some legal (maybe zoning) restrictions that I don't understand at all. It's a shame because the museum is a real gem. The museum is moving to a location that will permit a more regular schedule. That move was to happen next spring but may be delayed by finances. I spoke with Tod Swormstedt yesterday and he said they are moving ahead to the next phase as scheduled but there is some real nervousness in doing that.

Pat and I met up with Denny and Road Dog yesterday in Cincinnati for some good food, conversation, art deco architecture and - utter "roadie heaven" - the American Sign Museum. Details of the day from my perspective are here at my website / blog: Road Trip Memories

There are also links to my Flickr site for all of my photos from yesterday; at least all the ones I have up so far...

Pat and I met up with Denny and Road Dog yesterday in Cincinnati for some good food, conversation, art deco architecture and - utter "roadie heaven" - the American Sign Museum. Details of the day from my perspective are here at my website / blog: Road Trip Memories

There are also links to my Flickr site for all of my photos from yesterday; at least all the ones I have up so far...

That's just the way I remember it. Nice job. Partly because things were semi-familiar to me and partly because I was intimidated by all those cameras, I took few pictures at all and none to improve on Jennifer's presentation. But I have posted one here just to show that Jennifer really was present and I do have some photos from the day the museum opened, here.