American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

New Magazine

Good question! After briefly reviewing their web site, it appears it's an online magazine only with a "free" subscription. Archives appear to go back to the summer of 2002, at least the dated ones, and possibly earlier than that. This is the first I've heard of it.

The domain registration date is 11-jun-2002 which is in line with the early article dates. It is two months after the registration date for americanroadmagazine.com (11-apr-2002). It's certainly seems odd that it's stayed off of the radar here for so long.

The domain registration date is 11-jun-2002 which is in line with the early article dates. It is two months after the registration date for americanroadmagazine.com (11-apr-2002). It's certainly seems odd that it's stayed off of the radar here for so long.

Denny, Pat,

I have entered "american roads" into search engines in the past, and have not come up with the site we are discussing. There has been (is) another forum site that uses "american roads" (plural) as its name, that does come up. I mentioned it here a year or more ago, but it is pretty "quiet," to say it nicely.

How do you get domain registration dates? Just wondering....in case I ever need to do so. Oh, I forgot to mention....I find the order of the registration dates interesting. Hummmmm...

Keep the Show on the Road!

Dave

I can't explain why a site that's been around for that long and now shows up as #1 for a particular search hasn't appeared in the top 10, 20, ...something... before.

As for domain registrations, almost any site offering any sort of internet service will have a "WHOIS" link. The one I used this time was http://dnsstuff.com/. No need to have an account. It's one of their free tools.