- This event has passed.
Addison County Fair & Field Days
August 7, 2018
Vermont’s largest agricultural fair, Addison County Fair & Field Days, features midway rides and games, and live music. Furthermore, an opening night parade and closing night fireworks, Robinson’s Racing Pigs, Tom Joyce “The Magic Man.” Also, enjoy demolition derbies, truck and tractor pulls, horse shows, livestock shows and pulling contests, and Cwtrials Bike Stunt Show. In addition, there’s Children’s Barnyard activities, Pirate Man Dan shows, Cairo Northern Clowns, a Milking Parlor, and Maple Sugar House. Along with, woodcarving, community exhibits, 4-H workshops, demonstrations, contests, favorite fair food and more.
Most noteworthy, fair highlights include:
• Tuesday – Open Miniature Donkey Show (10 a.m.) Gymkhana equestrian event (5 p.m.), Addison County Gospel Choir (7 p.m)
• Wednesday – Ox Pulling (10:30 a.m.), VINS (VT Institute of Natural Science) Cold Blooded Critters (6 p.m.) and Raptor Encounter (7 p.m.), Demolition Derby (7 p.m.)
• Thursday – Annual ACFFD Open Horse Show (8 a.m.), Demolition Derby (7 p.m.), Refection Band (7 p.m.)
• Friday – VTPA Farmstock Tractor Pull (noon), Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides (6 p.m., weather permitting), Pitz Quattrone & The Freelancers (7 p.m.)
• Saturday – Luneaus Basketball Entertainment Show (1 p.m., 3 p.m.), Michelle Fay Band (6 p.m.), Truck & Tractor Pulls (7 p.m.)
Daily admission (including grandstand events, all field days shows, exhibits and parking) for ages 12 and older is $10 Tuesday and $12 Wednesday thru Saturday. $45 for a season pass. Admission for children ages 6 to 11 is $5 per day or $15 for a season pass. Also, ages 5 and younger are admitted free.
Unlimited ride bracelets (for riders 36 inches and taller) are available for $15 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday. $20 all day Wednesday, and $17 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday. Also, Friday, $12 from noon to 6 p.m. and $17 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Plus, $17 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday.
In addition, ride tickets are $1.50 each, $25 for 20 tickets, or $50 for 50 tickets plus 1 free ride. Even more, rides take 2 or more tickets each.
The fairgrounds open at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Also, open 8 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Saturday. While, fairgrounds close at midnight. The Dreamland Amusements midway opens daily at noon.
Finally, for more information, call 866-666-3247.